ESW – IT Business Advisors
Oct 24th, 2019
ESW-IT is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW-IT, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW-IT proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
Our Core Values
To create our core values, ESW invited Co-Workers to outline values important to them personally. This feedback was then finalized into ESW Corporate Values.
Intentionally moving forward while persevering in a positive manner.
Willingness to put others ahead of ourselves while fostering fellowship with
co-workers, clients, vendors and community.
Approaching our lives in a way which encourages excitement, passion and enjoyment.
The Position Highlights
Commitment and Term
- full-time, permanent
- hours: Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm, with on-call rotation and some after-hours support required as needed
- This role is being advertised to fill positions that may become available on a regular basis.
- We are looking for an IT Consultant in the Microsoft space to work within a highly skilled Consulting team delivering enterprise solutions to our small to mid-sized business (SMB) clients with a strong focus on client care, timelines and deliverables.
- You will be responsible for liaising with business, leaders, users and co-workers to provide technical support on complex issues related to our client’s various infrastructure environments. Most of the work is conducted in Microsoft centric server environments. This will be achieved by providing in-depth consulting, analysis, solution design, and implementation services for ESW-IT clients.
- The successful candidate must be client centric (internal or external) and must have excellent client service and communication skills.
- Act as a technical escalation point as required for the technical delivery team
- Candidate must be open to travel to support other ESW-IT locations in the greater Victoria, Vancouver Island and Lower Mainland area
Skills and Experience
Key Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT consulting or technical support role
- Microsoft MCSE Certification (2012 or 2016) is strongly preferred
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as Computer Engineering would be an asset.
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the following areas are an asset; Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, MS Office 365, MS Azure, Microsoft SharePoint, Terminal Services, Citrix, Virtualization – MS Hyper-V and Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- Remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours in a team environment with changing priorities.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
Other Desirable skills and experience
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange
- MS Office 365, MS Azure
- Virtualization – MS Hyper-V, VMWare
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Leadership training and/or experience (nice to have)
- Troubleshooting and Printer repair
- Proactively build the client relationship with each and every onsite or remote client engagement
- Supporting the Account / Project Management Office in proposing and developing the “right” solution for the client
- Act as an escalation point for client service issues
- Investigating, troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving technical infrastructure related issues and providing third level support including root cause analysis, testing and documentation.
- Plan/Setup/configure/deploy/troubleshoot desktops, servers, networks, with a focus on cloud services such as Azure and O365 as well as servers and storage.
- Act as a senior technical resource for the Professional Support Services Team
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of ESW-IT services and offerings
- Develop and update technical documentation including system configurations, application integrations, etc.
- Following Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments.
- Provide on-site client support to specified clients.
- Assist with planning or implementation of small to complex projects
- Collaborate with technical Subject Matter Experts to develop and deliver the right solution
- Maintain client commitments related to service delivery requirements.
- Provide sales support to Account Managers
- Analyze complex business problems and assess how IT solutions can be implemented to solve them
- Formulate and define the objectives and scope based on clear understanding of the client’s business requirements and needs.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of automated Managed Service products
- Contributes to transition activities from the Project Team to Operations Team
- May also be trained on the repair of copiers, printers and scanners
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- This position will be based out of the ESW-IT Victoria office with travel required to the ESW-IT clients in the greater Victoria, Vancouver Island and possibly Lower Mainland area.
- This role can be physically demanding at times in regard to carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments.
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- On-Site Response: consultants may spend some of their time onsite working with clients
- Will require own vehicle with insurance appropriate to business use.
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW-IT and/or its clients.
Will take day-to-day direction from the Victoria PSS Manager
- Mentoring some of the junior System Support analysts
Consultants will come into contact with customers from all industries, these contacts can include:
- Administration staff / middle management
- Executive management
- Physicians, Allied health professionals, Professional Unions & Associations, Non-profits
- Other consultants with different skillsets
- Other technology vendors
- IT Consultant reports to PSS Manager
- No Co-workers report to the IT Consultant.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- This position is eligible for the ESW Co-worker Referral Program
How to Apply
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.