Hiring Competition No. PSS1911
ESW – IT Business Advisors
Sept 06, 2019
About ESW – IT Business Advisors
ESW-IT is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW-IT, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW-IT proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude
Our Core Values
To create our core values, ESW invited Co-Workers to outline values important to them personally. This feedback was then finalized into ESW Corporate Values.
- Intentionally moving forward while persevering in a positive manner.
- Willingness to put others ahead of ourselves while fostering fellowship with co-workers, clients, vendors and community.
- Approaching our lives in a way which encourages excitement, passion and enjoyment.
- IT Management Consultant
Commitment and Term
- full-time, permanent
- hours: Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm, with some after-hours work required as needed
- We are looking for an IT Management Consultant to lead clients and service teams through projects and Consulting engagements delivering enterprise solutions to our small to mid-sized business (SMB) and enterprise clients with a strong focus on client care, timelines and deliverables
- You will be responsible for liaising with business, leaders, users and co-workers to provide both Management Consulting and Project Management services to our client’s various industries and business/technical requirements. This will be achieved by providing in-depth consulting, analysis, service delivery, and management services for ESW-IT clients
- This opportunity requires a result oriented, career professional, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate must be client centric (internal or external) and must have excellent client service and communication skills
- Work with (and occasionally act as) sales and account managers for clients
- Provide leadership, mentorship, resource coordination and direction for the service delivery teams supporting our clients.
- The successful candidate must be open to travel to support clients in and around the Calgary area as well as other ESW-IT locations across BC and Alberta as required
Skills and Experience
Key Education and Experience
- 7-10 years of successful experience in an IT Project Manager, Project Leader, Business Relationship Manager and/or Delivery Manager role is a requirement
- Leadership or management training and/or experience
- Min. 4+ years experience in an IT Manager role
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as Computer Engineering would be an asset
- Experience with Cloud Technologies is an asset
- Project Management (PMP) training, certification or working towards certification
- Business Analysis training, or certification
- Business Relationship Management training, or certification
- Experience working with companies/industries across both urban and rural areas
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours in a team environment with changing priorities
- Able to work well as part of a team in a leadership role.
- Excellent ability to manage clients and service delivery.
- Following Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments
- Responsible for ensuring the proper training and onboarding of new resources at client sites
- Work with People leaders and client to coordinate vacation backfill for client delivery support team members
- Analyze complex business problems and assess how IT solutions can be implemented to solve them
- Working with client stakeholders to understand business challenges and develop requirements that are documented and traceable
- Lead, Manage and deliver IT Assessments following ESW best practices
- Act as a Service Delivery Manager for specific clients
- Perform IT budgeting for small to medium clients
- Act as an IT Manager for clients
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of ESW-IT services and offerings
- Coordinate resource planning activities for successful delivery of projects and client services
- Experience delivering cloud projects in a Microsoft environment
- Manage a portfolio of projects either directly managing or by providing oversight ensuring all projects are either on time and on budget or appropriate change managements processes have been followed to account for any changes to original scope
- Engage in all aspects of the ESW PMO Methodology from concept, statement of work creation, planning, execution, QA/QC, closure and transition to operations
- Assist the ESW PMO with planning and/or implementation of small to complex projects
- Supporting the Account / Project Management Office (PMO) in proposing, developing, and delivering the “right” solution for the client
- Proactively build the client relationship with each, and every, onsite or remote client engagement
- Provide after-hours support work when needed
- Provide sales support to Account Managers, and occasionally act as sales for smaller clients.
- Collaborate with technical Subject Matter Experts to deliver the right solution
- Maintain commitments related to client service delivery requirements
- Performing other duties as assigned
- This position will be based out of the ESW IT Calgary, AB office location
- This role can be physically demanding at times requiring carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- On-Site Response: consultants may spend some of their time working side by side with clients
- Will require own vehicle with insurance appropriate to business use
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW-IT and/or its clients
Will take day-to-day client direction from and report to the Calgary PSS Manager
Consultants will meet customers that can include:
- Administration staff / middle management
- Executive management
- Other consultants with different skillsets
- Other technology vendors
- IT Management Consultant reports to PSS Manager
- No co-workers report directly to the IT Management Consultant.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- This position is NOT eligible for the ESW Co-worker Referral Program
- Keywords: IT Project Management, IT Manager, IT Management, IT Consultant, IT Management Consultant, IT Business Analyst, IT Business Relationship Manager.
How To Apply
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
To view all job postings, see our website at http://www.eswit.com/careers.html