Hiring Competition No. PSS1907
ESW – IT Business Advisors
About ESW – IT Business Advisors
ESW-IT is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW-IT, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW-IT proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
Our Core Values
To create our core values, ESW invited Co-Workers to outline values important to them personally. This feedback was then finalized into ESW Corporate Values.
Intentionally moving forward while persevering in a positive manner.
Willingness to put others ahead of ourselves while fostering fellowship with co-
workers, clients, vendors and community.
Approaching our lives in a way which encourages excitement, passion and enjoyment.
The Position Highlights
- Service Desk Analyst
Commitment and Term
- This is a full- time position that will require shift work on a shift rotation
- hours: Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm and Monday-Friday 9 am – 6 pm
The Service Desk Analyst provides exceptional telephone, remote and on-site technical support to our clients in collaboration with fellow Co-Workers. A background in Microsoft based environments with strong desktop skills and some server and network skills is preferred. The Service Desk Analyst Enjoys a fast-paced environment, communicates effectively over the phone and is passionate about providing a great client experience
Skills and Experience
Key Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma.
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written English skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing
- Ability to remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Other Desirable skills and experience
- A+, MCP, MCSE, and other industry certifications are desirable
The Service Desk Analyst, will receive exposure in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting desktops, servers and networks
- Interacting regularly with clients via phone, email and at the client site in person
- Providing on-site deskside support to specified clients
- Monitoring managed services clients
- Troubleshooting and repairing client systems brought into office
- Additional duties as required to support the business or team
- This role requires good communication skills, time management skills and an ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Fast paced, service desk environment
- This role can be physically demanding at times, requiring the carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments.
- On-Site Response: Analysts will spend some of their time onsite working with clients, when not at a client’s site they will be working out of the ESW Calgary office. Analysts will require their own vehicle with insurance appropriate to business use.
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW and/or its clients
Analysts will come into contact with customers from all industries, these contacts can include:
- Administration staff / middle management
- Executive management
- Physicians, allied health professionals
- Other consultants with different skillsets
- Other technology vendors and service providers
- IT Consultant reports to Client Services Manager
- No co-workers report to the Service Desk Analyst.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- This position is eligible for the ESW Co-worker Referral Program
How To Apply
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
To view all job postings, see our website at http://www.eswit.com/careers.html