Hiring Competition No. Field1903
ESW – IT Business Advisors
About ESW – IT Business Advisors
ESW-IT is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW-IT, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation.
Our Core Values
To create our core values, ESW invited Co-Workers to outline values important to them personally. This feedback was then finalized into ESW Corporate Values.
Intentionally moving forward while persevering in a positive manner.
Willingness to put others ahead of ourselves while fostering fellowship with co-
workers, clients, vendors and community.
Approaching our lives in a way which encourages excitement, passion and enjoyment.
The Position Highlights
- Title: Desktop Consultant
- 1 position
Location, Term and Hours
- Location: Candidates will be from the Grande Prairie area and will be providing support at one of our enterprise clients located in Grande Prairie.
- Hours: Expected to be Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm, with some after-hours support required as needed
- Assist our clients by supporting them with all their IT requirements, including desktops, laptops, telephony and mobile devices.
- The successful candidate must be client centric (internal or external) and must have excellent client service skills
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Windows OS, MS Office products, PC hardware, networking, printers, personal wireless devices (Both Apple and Android), and remote access (Citrix, RSA, VPN) are required
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma and at least 2 years’ experience in a technical support role OR an appropriate combination of education and experience
- Experience working within ticketing/tracking software is required.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Candidate must be client focused and possess advanced client service skills
- Proficient verbal and written English skills are required
- Candidates must be capable of contributing in a team environment, and be competent working independently
- Candidates will be required to work efficiently under pressure and remain calm in stressful circumstances
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills are required
- Candidates must possess high ethical standards and be trustworthy
- Candidates must have the ability to think logically and be capable of analyzing complex problems
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- CompTIA A+, Network + and PDI+ certifications are desirable
- Work will include deployment and support of hardware and/or applications.
- Retrieving equipment and updating the online database with the newly deployed equipment as well as the old equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may require the successful candidate work in an office environment
- This position requires the successful candidate to be physically capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Unscheduled or after-hours support may occasionally be required
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW and/or its clients
- Team Lead Field Technician
- Service Delivery Manager
- Client Project Managers and/or Business Analysts - These individuals may provide direction regarding ongoing project-related activities
- Clients at the office - Your daily contact will be with the individuals working at the client's office
- Other members of the ESW team
- You will report to the Service Deliver Manager, but also get direction from the client
- No co-workers report to the IT Consultant.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Required safety certifications include First Aid, H2S, and WHMIS. These must be obtained prior to traveling to any client field sites. Other safety certifications may be required by certain clients.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- This position is eligible for the ESW Co-worker Referral Program
How To Apply
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
To view all job postings, see our website at http://www.eswit.com/careers.html