Hiring Competition No. PSS1811
ESW – IT Business Advisors
About ESW – IT Business Advisors
ESW-IT is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW-IT, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW-IT proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
Our Core Values
To create our core values, ESW invited Co-Workers to outline values important to them personally. This feedback was then finalized into ESW Corporate Values.
Intentionally moving forward while persevering in a positive manner.
Willingness to put others ahead of ourselves while fostering fellowship with co-
workers, clients, vendors and community.
Approaching our lives in a way which encourages excitement, passion and enjoyment.
The Position Highlights
- IT Consultant
Commitment and Term
- full-time, permanent
- regular hours: Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm, with on-call rotation and some after-hours support required as needed
- We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior IT Consultant in the Microsoft space to work within a highly skilled Consulting team delivering enterprise solutions to our small to mid-sized business (SMB) and enterprise clients with a strong focus on client care, timelines and deliverables
- You will be responsible for liaising with business, leaders, users and co-workers to provide technical support on complex issues related to our client’s various infrastructure environments. Most of the work is conducted in Microsoft centric server environments. This will be achieved by providing in-depth consulting, analysis, solution design, and implementation services for ESW-IT clients
- This opportunity requires a result oriented, career professional, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate must be client centric (internal or external) and must have excellent client service and communication skills
- Act as a technical escalation point as required for the technical delivery team
- The successful candidate must be open to travel to support clients in and around the Grande Prairie area as well as other ESW-IT locations across BC and Alberta as required
Skills and Experience
Key Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT consulting or technical support role
- Microsoft MCSE Certification (2012 or 2016) is strongly preferred
- Experience with ConnectWise will be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as Computer Engineering would be an asset
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours in a team environment with changing priorities
- Able to work well as part of a team
Other Desirable skills and experience
Experience in the following areas are an asset:
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange
- MS Office 365, MS Azure
- Virtualization – MS Hyper-V
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamental
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Proactively build the client relationship with each, and every, onsite or remote client engagemen
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of ESW-IT services and offerings
- Ensure quality control activities relating to client documentation and delivery of service are maintained
- i.e. Ensure the network diagrams are complete and accurate. Also ensure the information in ConnectWise is accurate. Ensure the client support documentation and procedures are complete and accurate
- Work with Account Managers to ensure the correct client/vendor contacts are identified. This will include the decision maker contact(s), correct address and contact information for each as well as their company role
- Plan/setup/configure/deploy/troubleshoot desktops, servers, networks, with a focus on cloud services such as Azure and O365 as well as servers and storage
- Investigating, troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving technical issues and keep detailed technical documentation
- Following Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments
- Assist the ESW PMO with planning and/or implementation of small to complex projects
- Provide a combination of on-site client support, remote support for the Grande Prairie area
- Provide after-hours support work when needed
- Provide after hours on-call support on a scheduled basis
- Collaborate with technical Subject Matter Experts to deliver the right solution
- Analyze complex business problems and assess how IT solutions can be implemented to solve them
- Formulate and define the objectives and scope based on clear understanding of the client’s business requirements and needs
- Maintain commitments related to client service delivery requirements
- Assisting in the delivery of automated Managed Service products
- Performing other duties as assigned
- This position will be based out of the ESW IT Grande Prairie, AB office location
- This role can be physically demanding at times requiring carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- On-Site Response: consultants may spend some of their time working side by side with clients
- Will require own vehicle with insurance appropriate to business use
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW-IT and/or its clients
Will take day-to-day client direction from the Grande Prairie IT Consultant Team Lead/Primary Tech onsite and will report to the Edmonton PSS Manager
- Consultants will meet customers that can include:
- Administration staff / middle management
- Executive management
- Other consultants with different skillsets
- Other technology vendors
- IT Consultant reports to PSS Manager
- No co-workers report to the IT Consultant.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- This position is eligible for the ESW Co-worker Referral Program
- Keywords: IT Support, Computer Technician, Intermediate Technician, Service Desk Technician, Help Desk Technician, Network Administrator, Desktop Administrator, Desktop Support, Network Systems Administration, Technical Support Analyst, Network Consultant, Network Technician, IT Technician, Information Technology Technician, Technical Support Analyst.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
To view all job postings, see our website at https://eswit.com/careers.html
To view all job postings, see our website at http://www.eswit.com/careers.html